Thursday, March 6, 2008

I have had the opportunity to take part in two Eagle U experiences, my most recent being the Masters program at Georgetown in 2004. I had just graduated from university, and was trying to figure out what I wanted to do with the rest of my life. What I took away from those 5 days, has proven to be priceless over the past 4 years. I was able to achieve my goal of backpacking all over China and SE Asia for 4 months, and more recently, I started my own jewellery design business. All of my work is sterling silver and I make each piece by hand.

One particular exercise that has stuck with me was an exercise about the power of asking. I'm very proud of the fact that I've started my own business, and attest that to what I learned at Eagle U. If any of you are store owners or know anyone who owns a store that might be interested in carrying my jewellery, please pass this on. I stand behind my work 100%. I have been very successful here in Vancouver, BC, Canada, but I'm trying to further expand my business, and get my work into stores in the Unites States.

You can view my work at www.tamaraleslie.com. Please feel free to email me with any comments, join my mailing list, or if you want to share your story, I'm always interested in what my fellow Eagles have achieved.

Thank You!
Sincerely,
Tamara Leslie

No comments: